Civil Constrcution Inspector |||
TNP has an immediate opening in our Fort Worth office for an experienced Construction Inspector to become a part of an established and growing construction management group. This position is responsible for the inspection and documentation of the placement of work items on public works construction projects. Inspection teams will provide our clients with resident representation to inspect and document the construction of their projects. TNP is an employee focused firm that offers excellent growth and training opportunities for its employees.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Increasingly responsible technical engineering/construction inspection work
- Previous experience as a municipal inspector a must
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in inspection of Civil Projects
- Significant utility, water and wastewater construction experience.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients
- Strong commitment to professional development
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Strong personal organization and time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Continuous learner
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Strong decision making skills
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Observes and inspects ongoing construction work
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, standards and specifications
- Daily Inspection and documentation of construction work
- Checks materials before installation
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Must have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs
- Follows and carries out specific instructions on an independent basis
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with the contractor, sub-contractor and various other personnel on site
- Consults with Project Manager and Contractor’s Superintendent on work progress and construction issues.
Work Hours and Location: Fort Worth, TX. 8am-5pm (subject to fluctuate)
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes a competitive hourly wage. Excellent company benefits are also provide including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.