CIVIL CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR III (Part-Time)
TNP has an immediate opening for a Part Time experienced Construction Inspector to become a part of an established and growing construction management group. Work is primarily in Collin County(Frisco & Prosper) and Grayson County(Sherman). This position is responsible for the inspection and documentation of the placement of work items on public works construction projects. Inspection teams will provide our clients with resident representation to inspect and document the construction of their projects. TNP is an employee focused firm that offers excellent growth and training opportunities for its employees.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School Graduate or GED required
- Increasingly responsible technical engineering/construction inspection work
- Previous experience on a Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) team a plus
- Ten (10) years minimum experience in inspection of Civil Projects, including water and sewer lines
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients
- Strong commitment to professional development
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to work night shifts as needed
- Strong personal organization and time management skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Continuous learner
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Strong decision making skills
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Observes and inspects ongoing construction work
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans, standards and specifications
- Daily Inspection and documentation of construction work
- Checks materials before installation
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Maintaining a safe working environment.
- Must have basic math skills to compute quantities and costs
- Follows and carries out specific instructions on an independent basis
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with the contractor, sub-contractor and various other personnel on site
- Consults with Project Manager and Contractor’s Superintendent on work progress and construction issues.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.