Civil Engineer – StormWater
TNP has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer to join its StormWaterGroup, an established water resources team in our Fort Worth, Texas office. Civil Engineers are responsible for the development and production of drainage analyses, studies, and designs for TNP’s municipal clients, as well as providing stormwater design & management support services to other TNP departments such as transportation, land development, site development and municipal service teams. This Civil Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity to develop technical expertise and lead technical staff in preparing various types of stormwater analyses, as well as to develop project management skills and participate in our 1-on-1 mentoring program.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Passing of FE Exam & EIT Certification preferred.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of civil engineering design experience.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D (and/or MicroStation & Geopak) preferred.
- Experience using ESRI ArcMap preferred.
- Experience using HEC-HMS & HEC-RAS modeling software preferred.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members.
- Ability to organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in planning and production of water resource analyses. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Analysis and production of municipal and private-sector hydrologic and hydraulic flood and drainage studies.
- Analysis and design of stormwater detention/retention facilities.
- Analysis and design of storm drainage networks, cross-drainage culverts, and bridges associated with roadway facilities.
- Analysis and design of bank stabilization improvements.
- Preparing design plans, calculation tables, reports, opinions of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Establishing strong communication and collaborative working relationships with team members.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental & vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time-off.
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, office preference, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (817) 336-2813, Attention: Human Resources. To learn more about TNP visit our website at www.tnpinc.com.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.