Project Engineer – Stormwater – Fort Worth TX
Fort Worth | Civil Engineering
TNP has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to join its StormWaterGroup, an established water resources team in our Fort Worth, Texas office. Project Engineers are responsible for the development, production & delivery of drainage analyses, studies, and designs for TNP’s municipal clients, as well as providing stormwater design & management support services to other TNP departments such as transportation, land development, site development and municipal service teams. This Project Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity to develop technical expertise and lead technical staff in preparing various types of stormwater analyses, as well as to develop project management skills and participate in our 1-on-1 mentoring program.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain State of Texas P.E. certification within six (6) months, preferred.
- Licensure as a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM), or the ability to obtain CFM certification within one (1) year.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Civil Engineer in hydrologic & hydraulic analysis, modeling, and design.
- Proficiency with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (Steady and Unsteady).
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcMap.
- Proficiency with 2D modeling software (XPSWMM, InfoWorks, or similar), preferred.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain solid, team-oriented, collaborative working relationships with other team members & clients.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated understanding of water quality and environmental permitting requirements.
- Strong personal organization & time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in planning, production and delivery of various stormwater studies, designs and projects. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Analysis & design for municipal and private-sector hydrologic and hydraulic flood and drainage studies.
- Analysis & design for a variety of public & private drainage projects, including stormwater detention/retention facilities, storm drainage systems, cross-drainage culverts, bridges and bank stabilization improvements.
- Preparing design plans, calculation tables, reports, opinions of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Establishing strong communication and collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work, and at times, directing the work of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
- Assisting Project Managers in the management of projects and clients.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary dependent on qualifications and experience, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.
To learn more about TNP visit our website at www.tnpinc.com.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.