Survey Party Chief
The Survey Party Chief is part of an established and growing survey group. This position provides an excellent opportunity to perform topographic surveys, boundary surveys and construction layout/staking on a variety of public & private sector projects using the latest robotic and/or GPS equipment.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Five (5) years of similar survey field experience required with at least two (2) to three (3) years of experience as a Party Chief preferred.
- TxDOT experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Trimble robotics and GPS equipment preferred.
- Ability to read and understand design/construction plans, as well as metes & bounds descriptions from deeds and other legal documents.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and implement new standards and survey procedures.
- Commitment to quality in the collection, preparation and presentation of survey data.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to verbal instruction and direction.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with line coding.
- Demonstrated ability in performance of boundary surveys, topographic design surveys and construction staking/layout.
- Dedicated, reliable & punctual.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions.
- Willingness and/or enjoyment for working outdoors in a variety of climates.
- Strong problem solving & decision making skills.
- Good listener.
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency.
- “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude, balanced by thoroughness and cautiousness.
- Drug free
Responsibilities/Expectations: Responsibilities include:
- Collecting survey field data in accordance with established procedures, codes & the requirements specified in individual survey requests.
- Performing hard physical labor such as cutting & clearing brush lines, driving stakes in the ground, crossing difficult terrain (including creeks, steep slopes, thick underbrush, etc.), and setting iron rods for property corners.
- Unloading and organizing supplies.
- Stocking work trucks with the necessary supplies and equipment to perform the daily duties.
- Carrying heavy equipment & supplies, and setting-up tripods & equipment in the field.
- Cleaning & upkeep of survey equipment and vehicles.
- Organizing and scheduling work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines.
- Coordination with engineers and other survey team members.
- Supervising and leading other members of a survey crew in a professional manner.
- Preparing work notes & field sketches of pertinent field information from topographic & boundary surveys, essentially being the eyes of the R.P.L.S on the ground.
- Assisting with the analysis and preparation of boundary surveys, right-of-way exhibits and field notes, subdivision plats and other related documents in association with a survey technician, S.I.T. and R.P.L.S.
- Preparing daily reports.
- Other duties & assignments as directed, including assisting the S.U.E. team with their S.U.E. related field work, if and when needed.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided for full-time employees including: medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time-off.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (817) 336-2813, Attention: Human Resources. To learn more about TNP visit our website at www.tnpinc.com.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.