Utility Location Specialist
The Utility Location Specialist is responsible for locating and designating existing utilities in the field in order to produce accurate mapping of existing underground utilities. The Utility Location Specialist works under the supervision of a Senior Utility Location Specialist who is assigned to lead the field crew. This position provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience working with an experienced utility location team.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School graduate or GED required. College coursework and/or degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year locating experience of all utility types, one call or SUE and/or survey; or a combination of both.
- Willing to learn surveying principles and practice preferred
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Able to operate underground detection equipment and other new technology designating equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of CI/ASCE 38-02 Standards and Guidelines for the depiction & collection of subsurface utility data
- Good organizational skills
- Able to walk up to 2 miles per day and lift up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to perform physical movements and tractions, commensurate with operating heavy tools and equipment.
- Capable of working out of town, in some cases up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Ability to work in enclosed spaces.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record.
- Good listener, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- “Get it done”/ ”Can do” attitude.
- Works comfortably in a team environment.
- Represent TNP in a professional manner.
- Perform SUE at all Quality Levels in accordance with ASCE 38–02 with safety in mind.
- Comprehend and interpreting utility and highway design plans, and records.
- Operate a vacuum excavation truck.
- Perform day to day activities with a high degree of customer service.
- Pre-employment and random DOT drug testing required.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.