Civil Engineer – H&H
TNP has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer to join its Houston Hydrology and Hydraulics Group, an established water resources team in our Houston, Texas office (Cypress Office with some tasks possible in Sugar Land). Civil Engineers are responsible for the development and production of drainage analyses, studies, and designs for TNP’s roadway clients. This Civil Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity to develop technical expertise and lead technical staff in preparing various types of stormwater analyses for roadway projects, as well as to develop project management skills and participate in our mentoring program.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Passing of FE Exam & EIT Certification preferred.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- Zero (0) to four (4) years of civil engineering design experience.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation,Geopak, and Open Roads.
- Experience using HEC-HMS & HEC-RAS modeling software.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members.
- Ability to organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in planning and production of hydrology and hydraulics analyses. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Analysis and production of roadway flood and drainage studies.
- Analysis and design of stormwater detention facilities.
- Analysis and design of storm drainage networks, cross-drainage culverts, and bridges associated with roadway facilities.
- Preparing design plans, calculation tables, reports, opinions of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Establishing strong communication and collaborative working relationships with team members.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental & vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time-off.