Civil Engineer – Transportation
TNP has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer to join an established design team in our Fort Worth, TX office, responsible for the production of city street and TxDOT highway improvements. This position provides an excellent opportunity to serve state and local governments with design of paving, drainage, structural, and related transportation improvements; as well as personal development of engineering and project delivery skills.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Passing of FE Exam & EIT Certification preferred
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Two plus years of civil engineering design.
- Knowledgeable in Microstation & Geopak as well as the Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Corridor Modeler or Open Roads is a plus
- Committed to professional development
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members
- Ability to organize and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Strong personal, organizational, and time management skills
- Continuous learner
- Good listener
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving & decision making skills
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Performing research and completing technical design tasks as required and/or assigned, under the direction & supervision of a professional engineer.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, opinion of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents, under the direction & supervision of a professional engineer.
- Establishing good communication and working relationships with team members & clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.