Construction Inspection Superintendent
The Senior Construction Inspector is responsible for leading roadway construction inspection teams under the direction of the assigned Project Engineer. Typical assignments will be for project construction duration and may be in remote areas. Inspection Teams will provide our clients with resident representation to inspect and document the construction of their projects.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School Graduate
- Material Testing Certifications
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Nine (9) years of experience inspecting roadway/bridge construction
- Three (3) years of experience managing inspection teams on urban roadway construction projects.
- Committed to professional development
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members
- Ability to organize and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Strong personal, organizational, and time management skills
- Continuous learner
- Good listener
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solving & decision making skills
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Oversight of construction inspection to ensure roadways, bridges, drainage structures and related structures, traffic control, and environmental requirements are built in accordance with the plans and specifications.
- Review plans of assigned project and determine staffing and testing requirements
- Conduct scheduled safety meetings with project staff
- Review reports and activities of project inspectors
- Meet regularly with the inspection team and contractor to discuss project issues inclusive of schedules
- Establish good communication and working relationships with team members & clients.
- Check all submittals into SiteManager for accuracy and completeness
- Coordinate the resolution of SiteManager deficiencies generated monthly.
- Implement agreed process for conflict resolution between the inspection team and the contractor
- Review, approve and submit contract pay request monthly
- Review and monitor the removal of all rejected work.
- Coordinate, document and track the approval of needed field changes
- Maintain all project records in auditable form and have the project ready for close out and review within one (1) month of acceptance of the project by the owner.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.