Civil Engineer – Denton, TX
TNP has an immediate opening for a Civil Engineer to join an established design team in our Denton, TX office. Civil Engineers are responsible for plan production and the design of a variety of public/private sector projects, including public works infrastructure, transportation, traffic, water resources (stormwater), private land development, subsurface utility engineering, and various types of site development projects. This Engineer in Training position provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the planning, design and construction of paving, drainage, grading, water, sanitary sewer and transportation facilities, as well as to develop project management skills and participate in our 1-on-1 mentoring program.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Passing of FE Exam & EIT Certification preferred.
- Responsive and results-oriented in their service to clients and the design team.
- One (1) to four (4) years of civil engineering design experience.
- Experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in plan production and design of projects. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Performing research and completing technical design tasks as required and/or assigned, under the direction & supervision of a professional engineer.
- Preparing construction documents for public and/or private public works infrastructure projects (i.e., grading, street, highway, drainage, water, and sanitary sewer improvements) from conceptual to final design, under the direction & supervision of a professional engineer.
- Assisting in construction administration, under the direction & supervision of a professional engineer.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals, reports, opinion of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents, under the direction & supervision of a professional engineer.
- Establishing good communication and collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work, and at times, the work of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental & vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time-off.