Municipal Project Manager
TNP has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join its Denton office to lead the municipal consulting team in Denton. Project Managers are responsible for project planning, scheduling, and execution. They are also responsible for overseeing staff charged with the development and delivery of construction plans, studies, and designs for TNP’s municipal clients, as well as municipal consulting to a number of small communities in the Denton area. The Project Manager position provides an excellent opportunity for personal & professional growth and participation in our 1-on-1 mentoring program, as well as the opportunity to have a leadership role in the growth and development of the team.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain State of Texas P.E. certification within one (1) year.
- Licensure as a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred, or the ability to obtain CFM certification within one (1) year.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience as a Civil Engineer
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively train and mentor a qualified & productive team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain sold collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and meet client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to lead the analysis and design of public infrastructure projects, including streets (both rural and urban preferred), drainage systems, water and wastewater.
- Experience with development plan review for municipalities, and an understanding of development review processing.
- Experience making presentations to City/Town Councils and providing consulting services to municipalities.
- Experience with roadway condition analysis, trouble-shooting and maintenance planning.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Strong personal organization & time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Strong decision-maker
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Effective leader and mentor.
- Strong sense of Urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being involved in the production and management of projects, as well as managing multiple clients and a project team. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Establishing strong client relationships and communication.
- Managing the technical analysis and design of a variety of public & private infrastructure projects.
- Organizing and directing the efforts of a project team, including engineers, technicians and sub-consultants.
- Preparing proposals, reports, opinions of cost and construction documents.
- Maintaining strong overall financial performance.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements to email@example.com or fax to (817) 336-2813, Attention: Human Resources. To learn more about TNP visit our website at www.tnpinc.com.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.