Project Engineers are responsible for plan production and the design of a variety of public/private sector projects, including public works infrastructure, transportation, traffic, private land development, water resources (stormwater), subsurface utility engineering, and various types of site development projects. This Project Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the planning, design and construction of paving, drainage, grading, water, sanitary sewer and transportation facilities, as well as to develop project management skills and participate in our mentoring program.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- S in Civil Engineering.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain State of Texas P.E. certification within one (1) year.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- three to six (3-6) years of experience in public works infrastructure design (i.e. roadway, drainage, water, and sanitary sewer improvement projects)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office applications, required.
- Experience with traffic signal design and illumination analysis a plus.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, manage & complete multiple tasks and assignments in a schedule-sensitive environment.
- Strong personal organization & time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in plan production and design of projects. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Performing research & completing technical design tasks, plan production and delivery of projects as required and/or assigned.
- Preparing construction documents for public and/or private public works infrastructure projects (i.e., grading, street, highway, drainage, water, and sanitary sewer improvements) from conceptual to final design.
- Performing construction administration.
- Preparing reports, schedules, opinions of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Establishing good communication and collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work, and at times, the work of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
- Assisting Project Managers in the management of projects and clients.
- Directing the work of Civil Engineers & CAD Designers
- Assisting in the technical training and development of young Civil Engineers
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes a competitive base salary dependent on qualifications and experience, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.