Allen, TX, USA
TNP has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to join an established design team in our Allen, Texas office. This Project Engineer will be responsible for the production and execution of design for a variety of public works infrastructure projects, including potable water, wastewater, drainage, and municipal roadway. This Project Engineer position provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable planning and design experience, as well as to develop project management skills.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of experience in public works infrastructure design preferred.
- High level of proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D required.
- Proficiency with Storm CAD and Arc Map preferred.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, manage and complete multiple tasks and assignments in a schedule-sensitive environment.
- Strong personal organization & time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listener.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply creative, critical, and systems thinking to solve complex problems.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Good delegation skills.
- Interacts positively, effectively, and collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
- Self-directed and motivated.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged in plan production and design of projects. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Performing research and completing technical design tasks, plan production and delivery of projects as required and/or assigned.
- Preparing construction documents for public works infrastructure projects from conceptual to final design.
- Performing construction administration.
- Preparing proposals, reports, schedules, opinions of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents.
- Establishing good communication and collaborative working relationships with team members and clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work, and at times, the work of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating and collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams, and sub-consultants.
- Assisting Project Managers in the management of projects and clients.
- Directing the work of Civil Engineers, Engineers-In-Training, and CAD Technicians/Designers
- Assisting in the technical training and development of young Civil Engineers
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes a competitive base salary dependent on qualifications and experience, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.