Project Manager – StormWater
TNP has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join its StormWaterGroup, an established water resources team in our Fort Worth, Texas office. Project Managers are responsible for project planning, scheduling, and execution. They are also responsible for overseeing staff charged with the development and delivery of drainage analyses, studies, and designs for TNP’s municipal clients, as well as providing stormwater design & management support services to other TNP departments such as transportation, land development, site development and municipal service teams. The Project Manager position provides an excellent opportunity for personal & professional growth and participation in our 1-on-1 mentoring program, as well as the opportunity to have a leadership role in the growth and development of the team.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain State of Texas P.E. certification within one (1) year.
- Licensure as a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) preferred, or the ability to obtain CFM certification within one (1) year.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients and the design team.
- Six to Eight (6-8) years of experience as a Civil Engineer.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to effectively train & mentor a qualified & productive team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain solid collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage & meet client expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the analysis and design of stormwater project, including preparation of drainage studies and PS&E documents.
- Demonstrated understanding of water quality and environmental permitting requirements.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D or MircoStation preferred.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcMap preferred.
- Proficiency with HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS (Steady and Unsteady) preferred.
- Relevant experience in preparation of 2D modeling (XPSWMM, InfoWorks, or similar) preferred.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively and collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Effective leader and mentor.
- Strong sense of Urgency with a “Get it done” / “Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being involved in the production and management of projects, as well as managing multiple clients and a project team. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Establishing strong client relationships and communication.
- Managing the technical analysis and design of a variety of public & private drainage projects..
- Organizing and directing the efforts of a project team, including engineers, technicians and sub-consultants.
- Preparing proposals, reports, opinions of cost and construction documents.
- Maintaining strong overall financial performance.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end, performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time-off.