Registered Professional Land Surveyor (R.P.L.S.)
TNP has an immediate opening in our Fort Worth office for an experienced Transportation R.P.L.S. project manager to join an established survey team. This position is responsible for design surveys, boundary surveys, platting, construction staking and document preparation on Texas Department of Transportation projects, including geodetic control, topographic survey, right of way parcel survey/exhibits/mapping. The position provides an outstanding opportunity to become part of an innovative, growth-oriented engineering, surveying and landscape architecture consulting firm, as well as to enhance management and sales skills and participate in our 1-on-1 mentoring program.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Surveying or related field of study preferred, but not required.
- Must be a Texas Registered Professional Land Surveyor.
- Must demonstrate a history of TxDOT contract project manager evaluation summary scores that meets or exceeds 120 points.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Prefer five (5) plus years of responsible experience as a Survey Project Manager.
- TxDOT experience and pre-certification in categories 15.1.1, 15.2.1, 15.2.2 & 15.3.5 required.
- Knowledge of Trimble GPS equipment and Robotic total station.
- Knowledgeable in Microstation/Geopak V8i Select Series 4 software and Trimble Business Center, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to meet client expectations.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged both in the production and management of survey projects. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Effective project control planning, analysis and adjustments.
- Conducting analysis and preparing boundary surveys, right-of-way surveys, plats and related documents.
- Organizing and scheduling work for self, field crews and office support staff to accomplish goals on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effectively managing & delivering project assignments within established budgets and timelines.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with engineering design teams.
- Establishing good communication and collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental & vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, and paid time-off.