Senior Right of Way Agent
TNP has an immediate opening for an experienced ROW Agent. This position is based in the TNP Houston (Cypress) office and provides an excellent opportunity to become an integral part of an innovative, growth-oriented professional firm.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School Graduate
- Texas Real Estate Salesman License
- BA Degree from an accredited college with a major in business, finance or other related studies (desired)
- IRWA designation of SR/WA or R/W-NAC (desired)
- 8 years’ experience in negotiations services; including title curative, appraisal review, working with the landowner and condemning authority staff on all aspects of the projects
- Understanding of the Requirements of Texas Senate Bill 18
- Familiarity with the provisions of the Federal “Uniform Act” as it applies to the acquisition of property
- Recent experience on a TxDOT ROW project (desired)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to read and interpret land survey documents and right of way maps
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Committed to professional development and motivated to contribute of the growth of our company
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Continuous learner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with a “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Review title reports and identify issues that create an encumbrance on the title
- Review appraisal reports and answer property owner questions concerning the methodology of establishing value.
- Negotiate property rights for the construction of public works projects proposed by Cities, Counties, Utility Districts, and the State of Texas.
- Assist other ROW agents in daily activities
- Preparing status reports, schedules and invoices
- Marketing TNP’s Right of Way service
- Client Interface
- Implement and monitor QA/QC procedures
Compensation includes a competitive base salary dependent on qualifications and experience, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.