Survey Party Chief
Denton | Mickey Nance
TNP has an immediate opening in our Denton office for an experienced Survey Party Chief to become a part of an established and growing survey group. The position provides an excellent opportunity to perform topographic surveys, boundary surveys and construction layout/staking on a variety of public & private sector projects using the latest robotic and/or GPS equipment.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Post-high school technical coursework, certification or degree in surveying, CAD or related field preferred.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Five (5) years of similar survey field experience required with at least two (2) to three (3) years of experience as a Party Chief preferred.
- TxDOT experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Trimble robotics and GPS equipment preferred.
- Ability to read and understand design/construction plans, as well as metes & bounds descriptions from deeds and other legal documents.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and implement new standards and survey procedures.
- Commitment to quality in the collection, preparation and presentation of survey data.
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to verbal instruction and direction.
- Dedicated, reliable & punctual.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing working conditions.
- Willingness and/or enjoyment for working outdoors in a variety of climates.
- Strong problem solving & decision making skills.
- Good listener.
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency.
- “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude, balanced by thoroughness and cautiousness.
Responsibilities/Expectations: Responsibilities include:
- Collecting survey field data in accordance with established procedures, codes & the requirements specified in individual survey requests.
- Performing hard physical labor such as cutting & clearing brush lines, driving stakes in the ground, crossing difficult terrain (including creeks, steep slopes, thick underbrush, etc.), and setting iron rods for property corners.
- Unloading and organizing supplies.
- Stocking work trucks with the necessary supplies and equipment to perform the daily duties.
- Carrying heavy equipment & supplies, and setting-up tripods & equipment in the field.
- Cleaning & upkeep of survey equipment and vehicles.
- Organizing and scheduling work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines.
- Coordination with engineers and other survey team members.
- Supervising and leading other members of a survey crew in a professional manner.
- Preparing work notes & field sketches of pertinent field information from topographic & boundary surveys, essentially being the eyes of the R.P.L.S on the ground.
- Assisting with the analysis and preparation of boundary surveys, right-of-way exhibits and field notes, subdivision plats and other related documents in association with a survey technician, S.I.T. and R.P.L.S.
- Preparing daily reports.
- Other duties & assignments as directed, including assisting the S.U.E. team with their S.U.E. related field work, if and when needed.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided for full-time employees including: medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, and paid time-off.
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (817) 336-2813, Attention: Human Resources