The Survey Technician position is responsible for the preparation of boundary surveys, topographic surveys, design surveys, plats and right-of-way documents/exhibits on a variety of private and public sector projects. This position provides an outstanding opportunity to work under the direct supervision of a Registered Professional Land Surveyor.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School graduate or GED required
- Post-high school technical coursework, certification or degree in surveying or related field preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and social security card
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients
- Five (5) years of experience as a survey technician with a minimum of two (2) years of survey related AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Proficient in Trimble Business Center, MS Word and Excel
- Proficient in ReCap, Global Mapper AND extraction of 3D point cloud data
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members
- Ability to quickly adapt to and adopt new CAD standards and survey procedures
- Commitment to quality in survey data analysis and calculations
- Commitment to quality in the preparation and presentation of survey drawings
- Good organizational skills
- Continuous learner
- Good listener
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Reduction and analysis of field data and preparation of electronic base maps using established CAD standards.
- Drafting final surveys, plats, exhibits and other survey related documents, including DTM’s
- Research, plotting and interpretation of deeds and historical records and preparation of working sketches for field surveys
- Interpretation of design plans and construction staking calculations
- Analysis and preparation of boundary surveys under the direction of an RPLS
- Organizing and scheduling work to accomplish goals on projects within established budgets and timelines
- Coordination with engineers and other design team members
- This position would require the technician to go out in the field for the first two weeks in order to familiarize themselves with TNP’s procedures and methodology
Work Hours and Location: Regular office hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes a competitive hourly wage. Excellent company benefits are also provide including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.