Fort Worth, TX
TNP, a leading engineering, surveying and landscape architecture consulting firm headquartered in Fort Worth, TX is looking to add a Systems Administrator to their growing team. The Systems Administrator maintains smooth operation of computer and network systems including coordination with IT support staff and end users. Maintains user accounts and security profiles, servers, Email, LAN/WAN, VoIP, A/V, security, data storage systems and documentation. Interacts with users and technical staff and evaluates new products. Makes recommendations to purchase new hardware and software, coordinates installation and maintains backup and disaster recovery plans. Develops and monitors policies and standards for the security, allocation and performance of computing resources. Microsoft Windows/Active Directory, VMWare and networking experience, required.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ proven experience as a Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator/Network administrator
- Microsoft, VMWare, ITIL, Palo Alto and/or Cisco certification, a plus.
- Multi-site LAN/WAN experience, VoIP, A/V, security, patch management, disaster recovery planning
- VMWare, VDI, DaaS, Office 365, Cloud-based infrastructure, data storage, SD-WAN
- Responsive and service-oriented
- Focus on extraordinary customer service
- Passion for successful teamwork
- Strong communication and consultative skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and schedule work to meet objectives & deadlines.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Continuous learner
- Strong personal organization & time management skills
- Self-directed & motivated
- Creative problem solving & decision making skills
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- Strong sense of urgency with “get it done, can do” attitude
- Perform maintenance, updates and installation of new releases of Windows operating systems
- Ensure all IT systems are maintained, patched and operated successfully to support secure operations
- Manage the configuration and operation of Windows, Active Directory, GPOs and Cloud-based systems
- Administer LAN/WAN including circuits, SD-WAN, routers, switches, Wi-Fi access points, and firewalls
- Manage back-end configuration and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software-related issues
- Communicate regularly with technical staff to ensure integrity, security, and functionality of systems
- Monitor network performance, event logs and maintain systems according to requirements
- Respond immediately to security or usability concerns and resolve help desk requests
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.