Project Engineer – Traffic
Fort Worth, TX
TNP has an immediate opening for a Traffic Project Engineer in our Fort Worth office. The position will report to the Traffic Engineering Team Leader and will work under the supervision of experienced professional traffic engineers. The traffic engineering team is responsible for providing traffic design and analysis efforts in a diverse, primarily urban practice, for public and private clients, as well as in support of other in-house design teams. The work involves a variety of public/private sector projects, including municipal public works infrastructure and transportation improvements, as well as residential and site development projects.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is desirable.
- Responsive and results-oriented in service to clients.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in traffic engineering.
- Analysis skills using Synchro 8.
- Proficiency with Civil 3D (and/or MicroStation and Geopak), Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in seeking solutions and finding answers.
- Illumination analysis using Visual, or other photometric software is a plus
- Committed to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid cooperative working relationships with other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule work to meet deadlines.
Additional Skills and Capabilities Desired
- Working familiarity with the Texas MUTCD (2011) and ITE Trip Generation Manual
- Illumination analysis using Visual or other photometric software
- Sidra or other roundabout analysis software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Signal timing analysis and/or implementation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Creative problem solving & decision making skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listener.
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
- Performing research, analysis, and technical design tasks as assigned for traffic engineering design under the direction and supervision of a professional engineer.
- Preparing design drawings using CAD under the direction and supervision of a professional engineer.
- Collecting, preparing, and analyzing traffic data to support traffic studies under the direction and supervision of a professional engineer.
- Preparing exhibits to support traffic study reports under the direction and supervision of a professional engineer.
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals, presentations, reports, spreadsheets, opinions of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents under the direction and supervision of a professional engineer.
- Establishing good communication and working relationships with team members & clients.
- Organizing and scheduling your own work, and at times, the work of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and schedules.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.