Transportation Project Engineer
TNP has an immediate opening for a registered Professional Civil Engineer to join our growing design team in our Fort Worth, TX office, responsible for the production of city street and TxDOT highway improvements. This position provides an excellent opportunity to serve state and local governments with design of roadway, drainage, structural, traffic and related transportation improvements; as well as personal development of engineering, project delivery and project management skills.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Passing of FE Exam & EIT Certification
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (Civil) in the State of Texas, or the ability to obtain State of Texas P.E. certification within a year.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients
- Six (6) to Ten (10) years of experience in Transportation design preferred (highways, city streets)
- Experience as task lead on large project or project manager on small to medium projects
- Knowledgeable in MicroStation V8i, Geopak, and Microsoft Suite
- Experience with Corridor Modeler or Open Roads is a plus
- Committed to professional development
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members
- Ability to organize and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Strong personal, organizational, and time management skills
- Continuous learner
- Good Listener
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations
- “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude
- Design and production of transportation projects (city street, drainage, highways, freeways, and traffic).
- Preparation of proposals, reports, opinion of probable cost, construction specifications and contract documents, under the direction & supervision of a professional manager.
- Establishing good communication and working relationships with team members & clients.
- Organizing and scheduling work, and at times, the work of other team members in order to accomplish project goals within established budgets and timelines.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with technical experts, other engineering design teams and sub-consultants.
- Learning project management in accordance with TNP standards and guidelines.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.