Transportation Survey Manager
TNP has an immediate opening in our Fort Worth office for an experienced R.P.L.S. to lead an established Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) survey practice. This position is responsible for statewide marketing and sales of TxDOT projects including production and QC leadership of; geodetic control, topographic survey, right of way parcel survey/exhibits/mapping, aerial survey, and LiDAR products. The position provides an outstanding growth opportunity to lead an established TxDOT survey practice within an innovative, growth-oriented engineering, surveying and landscape architecture consulting firm.
At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Surveying or related field of study preferred, but not required.
- Must be a Texas Registered Professional Land Surveyor.
- Must demonstrate a history of TxDOT contract project manager evaluation summary scores that meets or exceeds 120 points.
- Responsive and results oriented in service to clients.
- Prefer five (5) plus years of Transportation survey business development.
- TxDOT experience and pre-certification in categories 15.1.1, 15.2.1, 15.2.2, & 15.3.5 required.
- Knowledge of Trimble GPS equipment and Robotic total station.
- Knowledgeable in Microstation/Geopak V8i Select Series 4 software and Trimble Business Center, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to meet client expectations.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively and effectively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of Urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
Responsibilities require being actively engaged marketing, selling, and delivering quality survey projects. More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining positive client relationships.
- Developing production and quality control processes.
- Targeting sales opportunities and preparing quality Statements of Qualification responses.
- Effectively manage team resources and meet financial goals.
- Effectively coordinating & collaborating with engineering design teams.
- Establishing good communication and collaborative working relationships with team members & clients.
Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental & vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with company match, and paid time-off.