Teague Nall & Perkins Utility Management Team is seeking an experienced Utility Coordinator in our Fort Worth, Texas corporate office. This position will report directly to the Utility Coordination Task Leader.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Responsive and results-oriented in their service to clients and the design team.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- 1 to 3 years of TxDOT roadway design and/or construction experience preferred.
- 1 to 3 years utility location experience preferred.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
- Perform conflict analysis of TxDOT project plans and Texas Utility Accommodation Rules. Identify violations, develop and maintain Utility Conflict Matrix from inception to completion.
- Coordinate with involved utility owners/consultants/operators to achieve timely project notifications and submittals.
- Identify foreseeable project utility impacts and provide recommendations for resolution by avoiding, minimizing, accommodating utilities preventing costly utility adjustments and project delays.
- Perform review of surveys, field notes, maps, property descriptions, titles and deeds. Acquire valuation for any replacement easements from utility and submit to TxDOT.
- Determine utility reimbursement eligibility, Joint Use Agreements with TxDOT, develop applicable eligibility percentage and betterment ratio as necessary.
- Perform technical review and analysis of utility adjustment plans including cost estimates. Determine Buy America material requirements, obtain and verify associated documents.
- Prepare, distribute, review and submit to TxDOT Standard Utility Agreement assemblies including all other related forms, handouts, notices etc.
- Determine a schedule for utility adjustments to ensure no conflicts will be created during relocation with utilities or contractors that meets TxDOT’s letting schedule requirements.
- Monitor and verify the installation, adjustment, relocation or removal of utilities. Assist with resolving utility conflicts in the field. Provide necessary documentation to TxDOT.
- Review billing documents from utilities prior to submittal to TxDOT for payment. Work with utility to ensure compliance.
- Proficient in MicroStation and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Ability to read and interpret TxDOT schematic, project plans, cross sections and right of way maps.
- Knowledgeable and experience with interpretation of Texas Utility Accommodation Rules and TxDOT’s Utility Manual.
- Familiar with TxDOT’s Roadway Design Manual, Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices.
- Familiar with TxDOT’s right of way policies, procedures and terminology.
- Familiar with standard procedures relative to roadway construction, utility planning construction and engineering fundamentals.
- Completion or will complete attendance in TxDOT’s ROW100 and ROW101 training classes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Maintain positive and productive relationships with clients and utilities to deliver projects under tight schedules.
- Must have exceptional communication skills to coordinate effectively with clients, consultants, utility owners and contractors.
- Ability to travel for project needs, depending on workload approximately 20%.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (817) 336-2813, Attention: Human Resources. To learn more about TNP visit our website at www.tnpinc.com.
TNP is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The organization will not discriminate against any individual because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, disability or other reason prohibited by the fair employment laws. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in an effort to advance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. Employment at TNP is on an at-will basis. The employee and the organization are each free to terminate the relationship at any time without cause.