Teague Nall & Perkins Utility Management Team is seeking an experienced Utility Coordinator/Utility Engineer in our Fort Worth, Texas corporate office. This position will report directly to the Utility Coordination Task Leader.
Position Requirements: At a minimum, candidates must meet the following educational, professional and personal requirements:
- High School Graduate
- Training in Microstation and Geopak preferred
- Knowledge of the “Utility Accommodation Rules” preferred
- Responsive and results-oriented in their service to clients and the design team.
- Strong commitment to professional development.
- Demonstrated ability to develop solid working relationships with other team members in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively organize and schedule work to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to manage & meet client expectations.
- Strong personal organization and time management skills.
- Continuous learner.
- Good listening and comprehension skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem solver.
- Strong decision-maker.
- Interacts positively, effectively & collaboratively with people in all levels of organizations.
- Strong sense of urgency with “Get it done”/”Can do” attitude.
- Coordinate with involved utility owners/consultants/operators to achieve timely project notifications and submittals.
- Identify foreseeable project utility impacts and provide recommendations for resolution by avoiding, minimizing, accommodating utilities preventing costly utility adjustments and project delays.
- Determine utility reimbursement eligibility, Joint Use Agreements with TxDOT, develop applicable eligibility percentage and betterment ratio as necessary.
- Perform technical review and analysis of utility adjustment plans including cost estimates. Determine Buy America material requirements, obtain and verify associated documents.
- Prepare, distribute, review and submit to TxDOT Standard Utility Agreement assemblies including all other related forms, handouts, notices etc.
- Determine a schedule for utility adjustments to ensure no conflicts will be created during relocation with utilities or contractors that meets TxDOT’s letting schedule requirements.
- Review billing documents from utilities prior to submittal to TxDOT for payment. Work with utility to ensure compliance.
- Ability (or willingness to learn) to read and interpret TxDOT schematic, project plans, cross sections and right of way maps.
- Knowledgeable and experience with interpretation of Texas Utility Accommodation Rules and TxDOT’s Utility Manual.
- Familiar with TxDOT’s right of way policies, procedures and terminology.
- Completion or will complete attendance in TxDOT’s ROW100 and ROW101 training classes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time. Maintain positive and productive relationships with clients and utilities to deliver projects under tight schedules.
- Must have exceptional communication skills to coordinate effectively with clients, consultants, utility owners and contractors.
- Ability to travel for project needs, depending on workload approximately 20%.
Compensation/Benefits: Compensation includes competitive base salary, supplemental pay for additional hours worked, and year-end performance-based bonus opportunities. Excellent company benefits are also provided including: medical, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) plan with a partial company match, and paid time-off.